Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Poochie;28495542"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "ScullyD;28495414"
I love all the negativity on price and features about BMW special edition cars. Its a bimmerpost tradition.

There should be a place on BP to memorialize all the negative internet posts about the e46 M3 CSL, M2 CS, M5 CS, and this car. Keep em coming.

Having an opinion that you might not agree with is not "hating."

I actually like the seats and grill but for something that suppose to be a "street legal racecar" when all they did is decontented an M4, double the price and make some bespoke cosmetic changes, doesn't pass the smell test, at least for me.

But hey, no beef, if that's your cup of tea, more M power to you. 👍🏻
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Poochie;28495670"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chicane_;28495624"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Poochie;28495542"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "ScullyD;28495414"
I love all the negativity on price and features about BMW special edition cars. Its a bimmerpost tradition.

There should be a place on BP to memorialize all the negative internet posts about the e46 M3 CSL, M2 CS, M5 CS, and this car. Keep em coming.

Having an opinion that you might not agree with is not "hating."

I actually like the seats and grill but for something that suppose to be a "street legal racecar" when all they did is decontented an M4, double the price and make some bespoke cosmetic changes, doesn't pass the smell test, at least for me.

But hey, no beef, if that's your cup of tea, more M power to you. 👍🏻
Are you suggesting the CSL will be nothing more than an M4 with a de-contented interior and unique graphics? They're spending an awful lot of time to test those changes.

They are completing the same field testing they would do on an 430i, as they would on this CSL. I've only seen this with every single upcoming BMW that have leaked..

But maybe I'm just ignorant. Seriously, please enlighten me on what am I missing here, beside them turning up the boost on the same S58 motor in the M4 and running it on the street..

Maybe @poochie, maybe

But let me tell you a story that might make it easier for you to understand why I would gladly buy one at a drop of a hat:

In 2006, I paid $7500 for a single 20¢ coin that was minted in the same year.

Why, I hear you ask my canine friend. I purchased the coin because it was minted in error and there were only 25 of them in the entire world.

I don't care if the only difference between the M4 and M4 CSL is the badge, if I'm one of only a thousand people on the plant, full of 8 billion people, I'd buy two of them if I could.

That should make it clear for you and remove the need to badger BMW about how good or badass the car is, how much or how little change there is; it's perception baby, it perception.

Live with it or, get out of the way of those who are willing to live with it

Now that I've lit the fuse, I'll stand back and watch the fireworks from the distance 😜
To each is own, from what I see, it looks the part and if you want the highest tier in the M lineage, this is your guy. But personally feel if you're looking for a vehicle that can swing dick around a salmon, with precision but still room for error, I could think of many other vehicles that would better suited for that duties and for around the same price..

I drove a M340i for a few and compare to an M2, body-wise, when you're attempting to whip that around the streets, I would feel the extra girth around turns and cutting in lanes. The car otherwise is rocket but the larger size is a compromise.

Keep in mind, the reason you pay the premium for a vehicle like this is due to the exclusivity of its parts. Because they are made on such a small quantity, by design, the economy or scales doesn't offset the R&D cost, so you pay for it in the sticker. Not because it's necessary a better vehicle, per se.
Appreciate 1