Rep
Drives: '17 M3 ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBimmeRad View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Poochie;28495542"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "ScullyD;28495414"
I love all the negativity on price and features about BMW special edition cars. Its a bimmerpost tradition.

There should be a place on BP to memorialize all the negative internet posts about the e46 M3 CSL, M2 CS, M5 CS, and this car. Keep em coming.

Having an opinion that you might not agree with is not "hating."

I actually like the seats and grill but for something that suppose to be a "street legal racecar" when all they did is decontented an M4, double the price and make some bespoke cosmetic changes, doesn't pass the smell test, at least for me.

But hey, no beef, if that's your cup of tea, more M power to you. 👍🏻
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Poochie;28495670"
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Chicane_;28495624"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Poochie;28495542"

Quote:
Originally Posted by "ScullyD;28495414"
I love all the negativity on price and features about BMW special edition cars. Its a bimmerpost tradition.

There should be a place on BP to memorialize all the negative internet posts about the e46 M3 CSL, M2 CS, M5 CS, and this car. Keep em coming.

Having an opinion that you might not agree with is not "hating."

I actually like the seats and grill but for something that suppose to be a "street legal racecar" when all they did is decontented an M4, double the price and make some bespoke cosmetic changes, doesn't pass the smell test, at least for me.

But hey, no beef, if that's your cup of tea, more M power to you. 👍🏻
Are you suggesting the CSL will be nothing more than an M4 with a de-contented interior and unique graphics? They're spending an awful lot of time to test those changes.

They are completing the same field testing they would do on an 430i, as they would on this CSL. I've only seen this with every single upcoming BMW that have leaked..

But maybe I'm just ignorant. Seriously, please enlighten me on what am I missing here, beside them turning up the boost on the same S58 motor in the M4 and running it on the street..

Maybe @poochie, maybe

But let me tell you a story that might make it easier for you to understand why I would gladly buy one at a drop of a hat:

In 2006, I paid $7500 for a single 20¢ coin that was minted in the same year.

Why, I hear you ask my canine friend. I purchased the coin because it was minted in error and there were only 25 of them in the entire world.

I don't care if the only difference between the M4 and M4 CSL is the badge, if I'm one of only a thousand people on the plant, full of 8 billion people, I'd buy two of them if I could.

That should make it clear for you and remove the need to badger BMW about how good or badass the car is, how much or how little change there is; it's perception baby, it perception.

Live with it or, get out of the way of those who are willing to live with it

Now that I've lit the fuse, I'll stand back and watch the fireworks from the distance 😜
I wouldn't hesitate to buy a CSL for the same reason as you… it has a CSL badge and it's been proven from the factory.

It will be a special car, especially as ICE is being phased down.

People who chase value aren't in the CSLs demographic. Who cares if you can make a regular G8X faster with the aftermarket. That isn't the point.

I would keep the CSL and drive it the way it is from the factory. Nothing further needs to be added. BMW has already done the work for you. That's the premium you are paying for.
2017 F80 M3 ZCP / AA GESI DPs / Akrapovic Evo / BBS FI-R 19" / Bend Calibration ECUTEK Flex Fuel | Bilstein B16 DDC + CS EDC / BMC Filters / BMS OCC / CSF HE / ESS CP / Nitto NT555R2 / PD Crank Hub / SPL Suspension / Uniden R7 / Wagner Top Mount IC

2021 Mini GP3 / BMC Filters / BM3 / Cary Jordan E30 / Wagner IC / Remus Race
Appreciate 7
Chicane_1050.00
manuelf352.00
JDUNITNOW3516.00
Salespunk1745.00