View Single Post
      05-06-2021, 09:07 AM   #28
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
iM2 with 1000kW next year!? Can this be real?
The prototype is real, as discussed in depth here:

https://bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1810818

An electric M concept car that uses this technology is also a real possibility for next year.

There will be no actual product called "iM2" next year, not least because there will be no M2 in BMW's vehicle lineup at all next year. The G87 starts production in November for delivery in the spring of 2023, and that vehicle will be powered by an S58 gasoline engine. An electric counterpart is technically possible at some point, but extremely unlikely given what we know about BMW's electric roadmap. Instead, an electric M2 (or a small, M2-sized high performance electric coupe, at any rate), will most likely wait until at least the next generation, which will with near certainty be built on the upcoming Neue Klasse architecture debuting in 2025.

The first electric proper M vehicle might be the extreme-performance G60 5 Series that will probably use a production version of the drivetrain in the Katharina test car. Whether that will be called i5 Mnn, i5 M, i5M, M5i, or something else is not yet known.
Appreciate 2
BMWGirlFL6287.50
KoenG1428.50