View Single Post
      09-28-2021, 10:01 AM   #9
sleepdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3CX DG/Blk

I have not driven a G80/82 RWD, so I cannot directly compare. I also haven’t taken it on a road course or autocross, so all of my opinions are based on street driving at this point.

The car feels like a planted RWD platform almost all of the time. When you launch, it feels like an RWD that bites, unless your get some spin. Then you can feel the front grabbing and pulling you a bit. Turn in is very good. Front end feels sharp, and I have not had any push hitting corners aggressively. I haven’t hit them as hard as I would at a track, but it seems like it wont have an issue with understeer. I am very happy with how planted and solid the car feels overall. Like a GTR really, but maybe more nimble. I like it WAY better than my F80.

I have a favorite corner where I rip it every chance I get. It is a right handed 90 degree from a stop. Looking left while stopped there is a hill where oncoming traffic is moving at about 60mph. For safety’s sake, and fun 🤩, you have to accelerate quickly to avoid getting smacked by a car coming over that hill. I love being able to stomp it from a stop, while making that turn under WOT and hitting 1/2/3, going straight by the middle of 3rd. No way I could hit it like that in a RWD car.
Appreciate 4