dialogical
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dialogical View Post
Yeah the amount of negativity floating around this place is astounding.

You're not "proving something to BMW" by buying a 911 instead of a G80, you're just proving that you're shopping in a different segment.

I think the stark reality is that there's a huge amount of people that hate how the G80 looks, and from there simply found facts to help support their theory that "BMW is garbage now."

No matter how much you point out that the new car is only 100lbs heavier, that it's faster in every way, and that it's noted as being just as agile, they will refuse to face those facts.

So then you're just left with a group of people, plenty of whom no longer even own BMWs, complaining that things aren't like the good old days and using the new M3 as their vehicle to make that point. Sociologists would have a field day with these folks.
The same stupidity reigns supreme in the F8X forum. In the G8X it's just compounded a bit because 'it's ugly'

The Motortrend guy who wrote "I expected to hate it, but after driving it on the track it drove pretty well". The guy is a motor journalist and 'expected to hate' a RWD, inline 6 car that can be bought brand new for 70k with a manual? What car does he get into 'expecting to love'? Something 2x the price?

I'm heavily in the track world and it's so wonderful to use these normal cars to annihilate Porsche scum right where they think they have the biggest advantage: at the track. Their lack of comprehension about what just happened is absolute.
I'm with ya - what does that guy expect to love?
Appreciate 0