United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp!on View Post
I totally get what you mean....I drove the xdrive M3 of a friend of mine, the ZF is a let down (in my opinion). not close comparable to DCT, altough I like that it's pretty smooth the ZF.

What I want to say:
Alfa also is capable of giving some drama to the ZF, why is BMW not capable ?
Of course it's never going to be a DCT, but still...give me some goddamn drama i want to feel i'm sitting in an M car.

That's why I have plenty of fun with the MT, altough the power difference is immense and you feel it but it still gives fun and engagement.
I agree, Alfa knows how to create drama from the ZF8, BMW certainly could do the same if they wanted to. The G8X doesn't have the same ///M car feel of years prior in that sense. I still love mine but I feel very let down by the transmission. I held off commenting on this issue for a while to be sure it was an issue and to give the car a chance to get get some miles on it.

The deal with my GTS fell through, they pulled back their offer to $100K on my M3. I said that's fine, there are more cars out there and I have plenty of time to find another one. I will keep everyone updated as to how things progress and if BMW NA decides to ever address this issue while I have the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbrew View Post
There does seem to be some latency in the paddle click to the actual shift. The first 4-5 shift seems slow as well, the others seem quick enough. I think the issue here is that latency, not the actual transmission shift time.
I have both an X3M40 and an M3x, and the M3x is noticeably more snappy than the X3. Not DCT snappy, but seems to be better than what you posted.

Good luck getting this sorted.
It could be my car, but it's hard to say. The issue occurs only when using the gear lever or paddles in "Sequential mode" (S3) ie when it won't upshift for you. There's a chance the engine and transmission are culprits but the only want to know is by doing a deep dive into their software which is not my expertise.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0