View Single Post
      01-24-2022, 08:17 PM   #100
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Most likely a Cayman, I can't find an M2 that is CPO and the CS is priced the same as a Cayman GTS

Edit: my 2018 M2 I picked up with 6K miles was a hell of a deal. I paid $38K (I paid cost) and I sold it last year for $50K, I wish I kept the car. Now all of them are $60K+ so I might as well spend the extra and get something more fun.

Right now I'm just waiting to see what people say. The biggest letdown for me is the transmission, and how BMW is handling things
Damn great deal for your '18 M2! Unfortunately, if you don't own one currently, M2s are a massive hype car. They're fantastic but I would say priced a little above their worth at the current moment. By comparison, if you scored a CS for 100k it's probably a better relative value to MSRP + traditional depreciation rather than a regular M2. But I can definitely appreciate it being a good opportunity to jump into a 718 at that price.

FWIW, your videos mirror my experience in all the BMW (and other manufacturer) ZF-8 iterations I've driven (435, M135, 330, M340, X3M40, X3M, M5C) - so I'm not sure software will change it drastically. I'd say that it's still very quick, but lacks the immediacy you're looking for. Those planetary clutch packs just can't shift as intensely as the Dual Clutch pack which is probably why you don't see them programmed to be insanely immediate.