View Single Post
      01-08-2024, 01:29 PM   #11
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasB View Post
I appreciate this response, and you are probably correct. I don't want to over generalize and make people think that I am saying these companies get all of their products from China and then mark them up, but it does seem like there is so much overlap in the market and everybody's selling the same exact stuff for totally different prices. Perhaps this is exactly what is happening and the manufacturers in China are double dipping so to speak. There's no real way to stop it from happening with the way all of the laws and our trade system works.
Yup. And I didn't mean to pick on your post, either. You're certainly not the first person to say that and to be honest, you said it way more politely than many others have. Just one of those things that had been on my mind seeing some of the products, and my gears really got turning when I saw someone post those knockoff MadTrace shifters on Amazon.

I'm a pretty big fan of Money2536 and the company he's built, Obsessed Garage. He's been kind enough to reveal a lot of "behind the scenes" things of how a lot of this manufacturing and distribution works as he, in his own "unique" way (LOL Matt) forges his own path. He's been up front about how he's been burned by some products he's worked to develop but not secured sole rights to and had sold out from under him, or other companies develop copycats quickly. Given us a lot of info on white labeling, manufacturing, etc. So when I see this, I see concrete examples of what he's been quietly steaming about for the last 5 years or more.

I get it, not everyone can afford to "honor the source" as he says, and some people just don't care. But when I see stuff like this happen, I feel like I should bring up the other side of the argument to enlighten people a bit just like Matt enlightened me (and others).
Appreciate 2
NicolasB809.50
Hit_Apex2414.00