08-22-2023, 01:17 PM   #11
kgelfen360
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
You can't say this. I've known dealers to deny warranty for ANY aftermarket mod, no matter how loosely related. You are COMPLETELY at the mercy of the dealer and the local reps. You can lean on M-M as someone else suggested however BMW has lawyers on payroll and is more than willing to fight. So do you want to roll the dice?

OP, if you want to leave your BMW warranty intact, stay stock. Otherwise you are rolling the dice. You can certainly ask around your local form or groups or whatever for who is "mod friendly" and that will increase your chances.
Yea I agree with this. People on this forum always say oh u can get an attorney and you are protected but who is gonna pay that attorney?
It’s will cost more in attorney fees then fixing the thing. People who say that have not retained or pay attorney fees in the past….
I think some minor mod dealer would not care but if you are modifying exhaust system significantly and gaining HP in the process why should it be covered by warranty? Not to mentioned you are probably violating some emission standards as well.
Appreciate 1