View Single Post
      03-23-2023, 01:54 PM   #124
RugbyBro
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
I don’t doubt the CS is a big improvement over a competition. I wouldn’t know first hand I never driven a CS new or previous generation.

But if that’s the case, bmw made the cs for the street?
Yes exactly! Big improvement may be an overstatement as the base cars are already very good - just a noticeable improvement that, at least in F Chassis cars (and seemingly in Gs as well), introduced much needed compliance and improved damping - making it more confident and comfortable than their base equivalents. G chassis probably won't have quite as stark of a difference as BMW learned from the F8X CSs how to tune an OE suspension.

These are all street first cars, no matter how they market them. They went out of their way to emphasize that the G82 CSL was a street first machine more than likely because F82 GTS was a proper "track-ready" product that was skewered by a car & journalist community that didn't really want a factory track tool. The GTS was severely misunderstood at launch but was and still remains a serious track-day weapon. But I imagine BMW wants to avoid a fiasco like that at all costs.
2011ninja3396.00