BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTC3000 View Post
Speak for yourself, please.

Regarding the CS as a daily driver (I plan to make it my daily driver, right now I have a Z4 M40i and a Trackhawk for that purpose): It is a stealthy daily driver , very important here in Germany because I park the car in front of my business.
I ran a few numbers and the real price difference between a M3 Competition xDrive and the M3 CS is around 25k EUR.

For the extra 25k EUR, I get:
1. 40 hp more power without warranty issues
2. Gearbox "tune" without warranty issues
3. M GmbH developed/tested new chassis which is very very hard to beat (street legal)
4. Carbon bonnet
5. CS specific interior with CS insignia and carbon middle console
6. M GmbH developed Titanium exhaust
7. Bronze wheels
8. Yellow icon daytime running lights

Everything with 100% warranty and TÜV and no issues with BMW, authorities or whatever.

Now we can discuss if all these things are worth 25k EUR but in my opinion, they will make a difference in resale value at some point. Right now, the used car markets are overheated and people are paying crazy prices but only two years or so ago, things looked different, at least here in Germany.

In the end, it makes a HUGE difference for ME if I have a tuned car or an ORIGINAL M developed car.
I had a tuned 996 Turbo RS-Tuning, a 997 Turbo RUF 550 and a Shelby GT500 with over 765 hp, McLeod clutch/bigger intercooler/etc. but I never really liked tuned cars for various reasons.

I don't know how much the real price difference between a M3 Comp xDrive and a M3 CS is in the US but for ME, 25k EUR more aren't really a lot in my opinion.

Some have more skills than another. If you’re not a season track person or a professional, imho you fall under a novice track driver. Or to the very least they should post their own PB of a particular lap time on a certain track and compare it to a professional driver on the same track with the same car. That should tell some story about being a good driver or not.

And I still fail to see how the above you mention makes it’s a better street car over a comp xdrive.

I guess if you’re going to modify it then yeah a more powerful version with a warranty is better. But driving dynamics on the street will be experienced?

If so, wouldn’t that type of driving be suited for the track?