03-22-2023, 07:56 PM   #115
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
F8X CS were all much better damped than their non-CS counterparts which in turn made them better daily drivers IMO. Would not be surprised if G8X CS is the same. I don't know that "track-ready" is the right term for CSs - I would say they're more track optimized for a stock car. BMW still doesn't offer basic "track-ready" features like camber adjustment...

You are right tho, people buy them because of the badge. I know I did for nearly the same as what ZCPs were going for at the time and have since proceeded to undo the primary thing that makes a CS what it is (suspension)

Matt Farah said it best about M5CS (but this applies to CS models in general): "Who buys a M5, even a M5CS, to not use as their everyday car? This is an everyday car, like just admit it. It is. You're not buying a 4000lb sedan just to go to track days... maybe you'll do a track day... but it's not just for track days."

Replace M5 above with M3 and it still holds very true.
All cars are heavy. Even the new corvette z06 that's GM's most capable track car ever weighs 3600+lbs.

You're right you don't buy a 4000lbs sedan to go to the track. So why do people need a CS? Just the extra power? Minor weight reduction? Is the CS just an M3 version of the CSL? I do agree BMW hasn't made a true track car as their CSL ran only a 7:15 at the ring?

No one who buys these cars will ever come close to reaching the limits on a track. Which would make an even worse argument when talking about daily driving. Is that price increase for the CS worthwhile in the opinion of those buying said CS if they were just daily driving it?