View Single Post
      08-12-2021, 06:16 PM   #71
Bunkei
Anti-Fanboy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4

My thoughts: Where do I sign? The reviews these cars are getting are insanely positive, and the times they're turning in at the VIR is eye-opening (like the CT4VB beating the M4 CS around the track). Some may take issue with the interior. However, unlike the ATS-V's gauge cluster, I don't find anything egregious here and you also have to factor in the difference in price.

The CT5VB steals the show though. Cadillac decides to offer a manual in a midsize luxury sedan that can live on a track with a legendary supercharged small block V8. When I read the reviews, all I can do is do a slow-clap. THIS car (to me) is the spiritual successor to the legend that is the E39 M5. Trust me, if I had the money, I would have ordered the CT5VB months ago. To no one's surprise, GM says that the take-rate for the manual is 50% on the preorders received thus far.

Say what you will why you won't buy the VBs: interior, styling, build quality, reliability (heh), ... just don't say you bought the BMW because it was the better driver's car. A king has been deposed, and a new one has been crowned. Well done, Cadillac. You built a better M3 than BMW for less money, yet you still won't get any respect. A shame ....

Last edited by Bunkei; 08-12-2021 at 06:21 PM..
Appreciate 4
translux481.00
seis-speed2430.50
WWM3968.00