View Single Post
      01-02-2022, 11:22 AM   #15
thegrandfacade
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 Comp RWD

Kicking this back up, as I finally got my G82 and have had a chance to try out various options with my iPod Classic, none of which have been successful sadly:

1) USB-C to Lightning cable, w/ Lightning to 30-Pin adapter, plugged into the armrest's USB-C port - iDrive doesn't recognize the device (no message displayed), nor does it charge the device

2) USB-A to 30-Pin cable, plugged into the cupholder's USB-A port - iDrive device incompatibility message, but it does charge the device

3) Kokkia i10s 30-Pin Bluetooth transmitter - only works with devices that use standard, simple pairing codes (i.e. 0000, 1111, 1234), and it doesn't seem possible to change the pairing code in the iDrive system, so no dice there either

I know that there are companies that make USB-C to AUX cables, but every one that I've looked at seems to be "one-directional" (will send audio from the USB-C connection to the AUX connection, but not the other way around).

I'm curious if it's possible to install an aftermarket aux port and have it be compatible with the OEM audio system (for instance, if the connections are avail on the back of the head unit and just not being utilized).

Unless anyone has any other ideas that I haven't thought of, I'm probably going to just end up upgrading to a 512GB iPhone. It would hold my whole 360GB music library, and then I'll just use the iDrive system with CarPlay (at least the controller is somewhat reminiscent of the click-wheel on the iPod Classic).
Appreciate 0