12-19-2021, 06:27 PM   #13
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrandfacade View Post
Feeling a mix of excitement and terror at my first brand new car purchase Found a dealer with one 2022 allocation left and snagged it late last week. I've been reading a lot of threads on this forum, and have kind of a unique problem, so I'm starting a new one.

I have a massive digital music library (45,000 songs / 390GB) that I have stored both on my computer, as well as on a custom built, 1TB iPod Classic (sweetest thing ever). I simply used the aux input on my last car to play music off my iPod, but as there won't be one on my G82, I'm trying to figure out another solution.

I'm ideally hoping to avoid bluetooth solutions, as sound quality / connectivity is variable, but I'm not sure what other routes I have. I know that there's a standard USB port in the armrest, but even if I connect an old 30pin cable to it, I'm pretty sure all that will do is charge the iPod.

Any suggestions?
If sound quality is what you are looking for then replace this iPod with a 2TB SSD and convert your music library to lossless - the OEM HU in the G82 play lossless.

Anything else will be a compromise in sound quality.
Appreciate 0