bmw noob
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 Comp x-drive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iviegatron View Post
Heads up on tire shine and this is from recent experience. I used the spray can tire shine which was supposedly no sling and guess what? It was all over on the side of the back bumper behind the rear wheels after I went for a drive. After I wiped it off I noticed a yellow stain which wouldn't clean off with just water. I had to use acetone to remove 90% of it then finally polished it to remove the rest. Tire shine can stain PPF and clear coat on the car. Had it been any longer and it could of stained it permanently. Just be careful when applying it. My car is fully PPF'd so luckily it didn't get on the clear coat.
I'll keep a close eye on it. I've been using Maguires endurance tire gel. Put it on at night so it can sit for a bit. I haven't noticed any sling at all. Pretty good lasting quality as well.
2022 G80 comp X-drive:San Marino Blue/ Silverstone, 826 bicolor, cf roof; exec pkg; shadow lasers; carbon pack; MSS HAS; spacers (15/12); Burger intakes; Unit17 front lip/CS Style spoiler; TLG flappies; full xpel ppf + 15% tint; AWE switchpath exhaust w/mid-pipes; csl strut brace; Eventuri cf engine cover
Gone: 2020 M340i; 2017 F30 340i; 2008 e92 335
Appreciate 0