View Single Post
      06-30-2021, 12:56 AM   #20
bpu
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by unfoundnemo View Post
Hopefully the menu at least has giant buttons like a Tesla so you could actually see them/touch them out of the corner of your eye vs trying to hunt and peck for them.

That or just say "Hey BMW, I'm cold", have it mute the Nav/all audio, wait 30 seconds, and spit back something completely irrelevant.
Yep, no one wants to use voice for anything but setting a nav destination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbanck View Post
Question is: Can you change temp via the iDrive controller?

I understand that some folks change the climate controls all the time, but I guess BMW did some market research which showed that most people just set some temperature, put the AC in auto mode and never touch it again, or very rarely.
I don't know about others, but I adjust the temp and fan speed almost every time I drive. Usually it blows too hold or too cold at some point and minor adjustments keep it in line. So I think removing these controls, especially considering they already reduced them to a single strip in current vehicles which would've fit the new aesthetic just fine, is ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
Adding to my earlier comment. I will be looking for how many functions have been relocated to be touch screen only. Hopefully not too many.
All climate is on the touchscreen. The buttons around the iDrive knob are still there but all capacitive. How are you supposed to use those without glancing down at them?
Appreciate 2
siegester344.50
cfm56d7b5922.50