09-29-2020, 10:16 PM   #26
Kyler13
Private
Rep
Drives: Undecided

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I don't think that's the case.

I consider myself a hardcore M enthusiast, I currently have 5 BMWs and 3 of them are full M cars (E90 stroker, E92, CS). Two of them are dedicated to the track.

Being a hardcore enthusiast seems to mean one is more interested in function, not form. The incessant whining about the aesthetic values of the G8X generation tells me it is not coming from 'hardcore enthusiasts', but hard parkers who are concerned their cars won't get enough likes on instagram and cars & coffee.

I don't really care what it looks like as long as it performs.

Also, a 'hardcore enthusiast' should stick to BMW or whatever brand they claim to be fans of. When someone tells me they are hardcore BMW enthusiasts but drive car X or Y I wonder if they hear how stupid their comment sounds. It's as dumb as:
-I'm a hardcore blond enthusiast but am married to a brunette
-I'm a hardcore vegan food enthusiast but let's go to Five Guys
etc etc
This is quite a myopic viewpoint. I consider myself an enthusiast and I don't think that means I'm required to live with being repulsed every time I look at a car I just spent 90 large on. I don't Instagram, tweet, or Facebook. I could care less what others think. I need 4 doors and would opt for an M5 or M8 GC before an M3 at this point, but neither are in my price range.
Appreciate 0