Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlazierGlaze View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
You guys are truly hopeful. I have to admire it. Re-tooling and redesigning doesn't work that way. The production line is already set. The car is already production ready for the most part. SCOTT26 has already explained that aspect as well.
Then why are they waiting a full year to start production? Also why has there been no mention of the car at any shows, nor any indication that production is truly set.

I think there's a lot of speculation on whats going on. Seems very odd that we have had the magnitude of leaks and spy shots come out about this car and BMW has not responded by showing the car. Even M's CEO came out and admitted to the leaks - why would they not just show the car at that point?
I think this has already been addressed by those with a working knowledge of model life cycles, and those who have insider knowledge. The M4 is still in production, and that is one of the reasons mentioned. You'd have to go back and read through the threads. Furthermore, SCOTT26 just saw the M3 in person last month, and he reiterated that the grilles are here to stay.
Appreciate 0