12-29-2021, 10:17 AM   #42
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiumxg View Post
Actually there are lots of EV racecars in europe in rally, rallycross.... Opel, Stard , Kreisel...tech is more than developed . ice is basically dead just before burial. China dictates trends ( theyr market is few order of magnitude above all markets) . In US you still have pressure from Oil and legacy manufacturers but they wont be able to compete. I bought Model 3performance instead a 4 door m3 g82( if you check prices in Germany is about half price after goverment grant) , and many friends have done the same. I still got a 2021 X4m, as soon as the lease is over will be replaced by a Berlin made model y performance. So that bloomberg survey is irelevant in most markets, as soon as there will be a even more focused model 3 (rumors are that is around 700hp) even.posche will have problems here), just keep in mind next 2024 M5 will be electric...if they will build a proper m3/m4 electric not the i4 crap i will buy bmw again. At nurburing there are already many superchargers installed as many people track them..lots of upgrade parts for track available

Friend, these are all experimental, or running short layouts, or both. While the modified Teslas are not faster than ICE on track, and can do max 2 Nurburgring laps before melting down.

What you are showing us proves my point, EVs are not there yet. I acknowledge the pace of R&D is high, but based on what I see it will not work with current battery technology which seems to be the limitation.

Again, you haven’t shown anything to contradict this. They’re still in the novelty category, track wise.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0