Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiumxg View Post
In europe charging infrastructure is very developed and will basically exolode this year. Most manufacturers stopped ice developement. All cars after 2021 with heat pump and track mode can do nurburing laps easy. Many companies here in germany started to develop parts for track. You should check misha charoudin videos.on youtube with track teslas.
very interesting, are you saying in Germany they have as many charging stations as gas pumps even in remote areas?

I was in Switzerland before Covid and EV/charging was still pretty rare sighting from what I saw, maybe 10% at best. Where does all the electricity come form BTW?

In America and Canada distances are much longer, e.g. there is no EV that can make a day trip from SF to SD with AC on cruising at 85mph, you have to plan your trip ahead of time around the very few charging stations and even then you may end up in a fist fight with others over a charging spot.... have to wait hours to get back on the road, ain't gonna happen with the wife and the kids...have had the experience and will never do it again. There was a study that showed the state of CA does not enough electricity if all the cars were to go electric, here many families have multiple large cars so unless they build more nuclear plants or start burring coal again the cost of electricity will go through the roof.

in the suburbs of the US, especially the middle states EV is still pretty rare and a novelty. It will take a long time here.... I think also laws are different, we often see the tightening and then the relaxation of the environmental rules in the US depending on the admisntrations in charge, and also somethings you can never force or regulate in the US because of the rights given in our constitution....time will tell.

sorry for diverging from the thread, I was just surprised if anyone would cross shop and M3 and Tesla, but I don't live in Europe perhaps it makes sense there. BTW I own Tesla too but only in the form of stocks and I love it.
We have done two long road trips with one ICE and one EV in the last two weeks. One was from DC to Nashville and back and another from DC to Charleston and back. We had zero problems finding Tesla Supercharger stations (actually both Google and Apple Maps can find EV charging stations on a route not just Tesla ones). At least in the Eastern US, one can go pretty much anywhere with EV. In our case, EV range with Tesla MY was close to when we needed a break in any case.

The Tesla has a very simple interior, but the ride is quiet and seats are comfortable with a lot of space. I suppose the Model 3 is similar. In any case, I doubt anyone is cross shopping a BMW M with a Tesla Model 3. Here is what cars people gave up for a Model 3

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...evolution.html
Appreciate 0