Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (MY2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmaster20d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkap27 View Post
i cross shopped everything mentioned on the 'would anyone actually cross shop these two things' list haha including the macan GTS. 0-60 is kind of teslas whole game so its quite important that an ICE car is beating it. the instant power is the one advantage electric has in the whole 'is it fun to drive' discussion
Correct me if I am wrong but I think if you are a 0-60 guy Tesla is still the way to go no matter what. With the M3 you need to engage that launch control and then get it perfectly right to get anywhere near what the youtubbers are showing. If you simply floor the car or do a rolling start it will hardly do mid 4's.

Imagine you pull up at a light next to a tesla, you have 10 seconds to prime your car and launch it, rev'ing it up next to other drivers and pedestrians behind a light will not only raise a few eye brows it might even attract unwanted attention from the cops. will just sound weird as explained in this video. Honestly I don't get the point of launch control beyond an amusing gimmick for making comparison videos. useless on the track, useless on the street.

meanwhile in the Tesla if you just simply floor it you can get pretty consistent 0-60 very close to what you see in the videos drama free.....so I don't get it how an ICE can be better if you care about light-to-light drag racing...
I forgot about that video segment. It's so true. I've had an M2 followed by an M2C, almost 5 years of ownership. Between them I think I've used launch control about 5 times… once a year, value for money right there
Appreciate 2