12-28-2021, 02:56 AM   #23
speedmaster20d
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 G80 comp BG. 2018 F80(sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
I have an M2C and have a pre-order down for an M3P (keeping the M2 for fun/track).

So yes, there are, but mostly out of curiosity. The reality is the M3/4 xDrive with the spec I would want is significantly more expensive then a M3P (add to that the cost of fuel). So while I find the videos interesting, they aren't really in the same price bracket anyway. That makes the comparison even more interesting in some respect that the M3P has the performance it does for the price it is.

They warrant comparison because they achieve a similar goal (fast and practical/family car), 'ready' (with changes) to have some fun on track, almost the same price bracket etc. Elon mask even made his statement on how MP3 was better than an M3 (last gen), so comparisons are investable moving forward.

While I would say the M3/M4 is perhaps the objectively better car, the Tesla is a better suited daily driver for me. No doubt others feel the same so like me are intrigued by the comparisons.
I see abut M2 as a track car plus a 4-door car to run your errands, but still not cross shopping M3 vs. Tesla as you say from the price point of view alone....

even here in silicon valley, the center of the tech world the EV infrastructure is not quite developed enough to call them a practical family car day in and day out. Can a stock Tesla do many laps around a serious track to put down a respectable time? I am not an EV expert and don't really follow the latest but I have seen very few at the track and they were all highly modified, even so owners said they would overheat after a couple of laps and times were still not that great...

Last edited by speedmaster20d; 12-28-2021 at 03:04 AM..
Appreciate 0