2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
1995 BMW M3  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335xi  [0.00]
2011 BMW 335is  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Well, for 2025, the deal is, now, they’re available on every G22-G82 as a standard feature. The ordering guide is available and there is no option to select them when you build the model out. I would imagine if they’re the same, that the old CSL tail light part number may be discontinued.

BMW needed to find a cheaper way to produce them, or they found a cheaper supplier for the lights, before the decided to install them on every single 2025. Having a set of $8,500 (retail) tail lights on every single car, without raising the price of the car to compensate for it, doesn’t seem like a good move.

When you get to the end of the build, and look at the summary page on the build, the tail lights are installed on the car.

The only plausible option is, they’re standard. I believe it’s already been confirmed that they are standard, I just can’t remember where I read it. And it’s 3am, so, I’m not going to go looking.

Looking at the pictures, up close, the main difference I was looking for, was the yellow triangle laser sticker, denoting that they are in fact laser and not just LEDs, like most of the alibaba knock offs. Even alibaba has some real laser tails. And the actual LCi tails, do say “BMW Laser” on them.

I don’t see any noticeable differences. I ordered a set, but, I don’t have any real CSL tails to compare them to. I probably need to get a hold of Skyscraper as he’s local to me, and has a real CSL set on his G82. He would be able to see if there were any difference with them. I called my local parts counter, who doesn’t discount anything, [...]
Damn - I thought I did well with getting them for $693 a piece from the dealer. I guess at least I have a warranty for them. List is 815 according to my local dealer.
Appreciate 2
Limegrntaln13477.50
M4Tejas788.00