Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotchuckz View Post
So what's the difference other than calling it CSL Laser vs. LCI Laser and price?

I paid $5,895.00 for a set of CSL Laser (Euro Spec) last year. I plugged in the numbers for the LCI Laser on the same website and it's $2308.64 without shipping and taxes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yocubed View Post
This is what I'm trying to figure out. IS there a difference functionally/aesthetically between the CSL and LSI lights?
Well, for 2025, the deal is, now, they’re available on every G22-G82 as a standard feature. The ordering guide is available and there is no option to select them when you build the model out. I would imagine if they’re the same, that the old CSL tail light part number may be discontinued.

BMW needed to find a cheaper way to produce them, or they found a cheaper supplier for the lights, before the decided to install them on every single 2025. Having a set of $8,500 (retail) tail lights on every single car, without raising the price of the car to compensate for it, doesn’t seem like a good move.

When you get to the end of the build, and look at the summary page on the build, the tail lights are installed on the car.

The only plausible option is, they’re standard. I believe it’s already been confirmed that they are standard, I just can’t remember where I read it. And it’s 3am, so, I’m not going to go looking.

Looking at the pictures, up close, the main difference I was looking for, was the yellow triangle laser sticker, denoting that they are in fact laser and not just LEDs, like most of the alibaba knock offs. Even alibaba has some real laser tails. And the actual LCi tails, do say “BMW Laser” on them.

I don’t see any noticeable differences. I ordered a set, but, I don’t have any real CSL tails to compare them to. I probably need to get a hold of Skyscraper as he’s local to me, and has a real CSL set on his G82. He would be able to see if there were any difference with them. I called my local parts counter, who doesn’t discount anything, and actual MSRP, according to them, is $4,470. I was able to get mine for $2,3xx.

I had them ordered at another place, for $2,081 shipped, but they cancelled my order, saying, if they couldn’t get them within 10 days, it was their policy to cancel the order. What I really think, is, they didn’t know about the part number and when the price was added to their order guide, it was too cheap, and when you order parts from this place, anything over $899.00 ships for free. So, they were also eating shipping.

$577 is too high. I paid $544. The place that cancelled my order, was $520. But, they claimed they don’t do special orders that take more than 10 days to get.
Attached Images

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 03-17-2024 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
M4Tejas788.00