evanescent03
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 M3 CS; '22 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by evanescent03 View Post
Want 0-60? Wait for the AWD version. As someone mentioned, look at the X3M times ... the M4 should be even faster even if just slightly. Also... remember what happened when they put AWD in the M5/M6(8)? dropped like a full second-ish. AWD M3 will be a drag racing monster, especially when people start dumping in mods.
I guess it's a sign of the times that the M3 will be a drag monster as I'm old enough to remember when the E36 was regarded as one of the best handling cars in the world. That said it's a sign of the times as cars have become silly fast and even the 911 is more of a grand touring car as the Cayman is the Porsche you want to get if you are more interested in handling over straight line speed.
As much as like being able to go fast on the straights, it's only a means of getting back to the twisty sections .... I also like being able to come out of a corner fast to keep the pesky miatas away haha ... handling feel and character are a lost art it seems... The M3 still should be a very good car compared to what's out there ... I doubt it will suck at a drivers car, and I stand by my comment that that it's still one of my favorite all rounders (track days and soccer practice) but we'll see.

Appreciate 1
jmg18710.50