No_Country
Rep
Drives: m2

Garage List
2014 BMW 528  [0.00]
2023 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
I mean, it’s not hard to see how this will all play out. We are in the middle of the first wave of EV push. In some areas of the world, it will stick. Most not. There will be pushback, compromise. Deadlines will get rescinded, political promises broken. People who want EV’s (yes, there are, I would gladly take an EV Cayenne if the charging network were equal to Tesla) will continue to adopt, it will get better. Cheaper. There will be another push. The grid will improve. We will burn less fossils and more renewables. Nuclear will make a comeback. More EV adoption will occur. We will start to really build the network. And so on.

I just roll my eyes when people on both sides of the coin make grand, bold, confident and all knowing statements, as if they can predict the future better than anyone. Right now our country is so divided politically we can’t even decide what freaking books belong in school libraries. Do you really think someone will let their ICE vehicles be snatched up in 7 years? Lol, HARDLY.

Yet the automakers see the path forward. 99% of the people buying cars DGAF. If they can charge it they will buy it. Long term EV’s will cost less to build and sell, and the automakers will make more money. They can see that. But we’re not there. Yet
I agree with everything you said but I just still want to be able to go vroom vroom! Ya know?
Appreciate 1