Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKrazyPolak View Post
yea but the issue is the marketing is trash. Who are they appealing to again? 20-something year -old's during a pandemic when many of the target demo are losing employment, many of which have already been saddled with student loan debt and are underemployed? Doesn't seem like good marketing.

I don't think young people care about german enthusiast cars in general, its all Elon and Tesla, and no amount of targeted marketing is going to reverse that trend. They just did themselves a disservice with that target demographic. Because there aren't that many young people that have an extra 80K-90K laying around.

And I'm not counting Silicon Valley, because they are electric focused anyway.
not 100% true. Some of us support elon and TSLA and think electrification makes sense from a business standpoint, and traded a fraction of our gains from TSLA for a german car.

and speaking with my local BMW dealer...youngest buyer was late 30s and most people are 50+ buying / preordering for their retirement car.

i also work in silicon valley. not all of us are electric loving hippies
+1 just sold a few TSLA shares myself for a G82 M4, if Elon only knew 😂
2021 Brooklyn Gray ///M4C | Black Full Merino Leather | Carbon Fiber Trim | 8-Speed MST | 19" Black 826M Wheels | Driver and Parking Assistance Pkg | Executive Pkg | Carbon Exterior Package | Individual Shadowline Lights | M Drive Pro | Ventilated Sport Seats
Appreciate 0