View Single Post
      12-02-2020, 08:23 PM   #77
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityLife View Post
Those that are betting for or against the success of this car, we will never know the real reason. Historically vehicles sell better or worse than the prior gen due to macro economic variables, that is all. If the world economy is strong, the car will sell well, if the markets they rely on are weak, sales will be weak. The other factor is how much vehicles will be discounted or not to move cars. You not only would have to look at sales vs prior gen, you also would need to look at sales vs the comp set and sales price as a percentage of say MSRP vs. prior gen and comp. This is the reason the Bangle 7 sold so well, even considering the design was not well received, we were in the middle of a massive financial bubble when the car was released.

The other issue is that there really is no other competition in the segment. AMG going with 4cyl is the end of the C63. I have spent hours upon hours looking into a 992 911, it becomes too big of a step up from a cost prospective (purchase price, standard maintenance, etc).

For me the options are either keep my F80 longer since it is barely driven and low mileage, or upgrade to a G80.
Upgrade??

Is it?
Appreciate 1
CanAutM321115.00