paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Truthfully......

....that the narratives presented/depicted by the media regarding use(s) of force are bullshit. If I could take every person I knew on a ride along - all liability waived - and have them handle the dangerous calls, they would finally have perspective. Tonight we pulled a gun off of a 13 year old Hispanic female runaway; 105 lbs. soaked and wet. She called dispatch claiming she was lost and didn't know how to get home. A search of her person netted a gun; I noticed a suspicious bulge under her black hoodie. You would've never guessed somebody like her would have a Walther tucked in her underwear.

I think the community could be more supportive by just allowing investigations to take their natural course before vilifying the cop. A body cam doesn't paint the entire picture and the insight it provides is helpful, but limited.
Wow - I would've never guessed. 13 year old female - would not expect them to have a weapon.
On one hand, growing up with guns, I think it may have been a good thing for her to do something about her personal responsibility and safety, but ffs, she's a child - i feel bad she had such a messed up life that she felt she had to run away, and that too with a gun for her protection (assuming it wasn't for a nefarious purpose).
She's a child - she's got her entire life ahead to make adult decisions - enjoy being a kid as long as one can, never get it back, etc. (but I get it - not everyone gets that luxury, which is a sad social commentary by itself...)

Speaking of body cams, I'm sure you've seen that footage of a female cop having to shoot the guy who kept coming at her. That was an eye opener for me around personal defense.
Personal defense ammo (hollow points) are marketed as the thing to have to stop someone in their tracks.
But that mf kept on coming, her gun (think it was a glock) jammed, she cleared the slide and put a few more holes in the guy before he dropped.
IIRC, she was some champion pistol shooter who was villified for it after the fact - and I'm thinking 'are you armchair quarterbacks nuts? dude is coming at her with a knife or whatever, she's put a few rounds in him and he's still coming. if that isn't a fuck me scary shit moment, what is?'
Sobering thought - cops will encounter such a situation way more often compared to average joe taxpayer who might be unlucky enough to encounter it once in their lifetime, if that.
And said cop will get attacked for their actions after - Seems people just want to attack other people for doing their job without realizing the circumstances or what it takes.
My new theory is they can't publicly attack the current Afghanistan/Iraq vets like they attacked the Vietnam vets, so they go after cops now. (though there are enough "woke" morons who attack current vets too...)

Sorry, I'm chatty this morning - it's the coffee
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24980.50