Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Truthfully......

....that the narratives presented/depicted by the media regarding use(s) of force are bullshit. If I could take every person I knew on a ride along - all liability waived - and have them handle the dangerous calls, they would finally have perspective. Tonight we pulled a gun off of a 13 year old Hispanic female runaway; 105 lbs. soaked and wet. She called dispatch claiming she was lost and didn't know how to get home. A search of her person netted a gun; I noticed a suspicious bulge under her black hoodie. You would've never guessed somebody like her would have a Walther tucked in her underwear.

I think the community could be more supportive by just allowing investigations to take their natural course before vilifying the cop. A body cam doesn't provide the whole story and the insight it provides kid helpful, but limited.
I remember we used to take people on ride alongs, but were told to keep it sanitized. I would love to take some of the critics of policing out to see the real deal.
They sanitize ours as well, mainly because of liability. We don't really hunt and they try not to sling hot calls to cars with R/A's unless the R/A is a custody deputy preparing to come to patrol or recruits about to graduate the academy. The department doesn't want to get sued because some civilian ride along catches a bullet.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00