11-12-2020, 12:46 PM   #1289
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
When making a left turn you should turn into the left lane if it's a multi lane road you are turning onto. When making a right turn onto a multi lane road you turn into the right or curb lane. If these two events are happening at the same time there should be now issue, the problem always occurs when one of the drivers wants to move to the right or left shortly after the turn, so that's what you are talking about, and you can't move into another lane that is already occupied unless it is safe to do so. Having said that, there was an intersection close to where I used to live, and just past if for those turning left or right going southbound was an on ramp to the highway on the right hand side, about 80% of the folks making the left turn would turn straight into the curb lane. If they hit someone they'd be at fault. I was always careful to stay in the curb lane and also watch out for them because it seemed many weren't watching out for me.
Sedan would have to confirm, but I *THINK* in Cali, the right turn has to go into the curb lane, but the left is free to enter any open lane. REGARDLESS of what's nearby, very few people making right turns want to expend that extra energy to turn the wheel more and stay in the curb lane. . . best I can figure.
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00