Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
It's quite possibly true that....
  • The stop was a reach by that officer.
  • The officer actually thought something transpired.
  • It's a high crime/drug trafficking area.

Despite having lived in the area for 20 years, there's an underbelly to your city that you may not be privy to.

In the area(s) that I patrol, a casual drive through would have you believe that it's a nice area to be in. Negative!!! It amazes me because as I drive to the station I always find myself looking at problem spots and saying to myself, "Nobody would ever guess that X, Y and Z always happens at that place."
Even in my own city - a really nice suburban area with a fairly affluent resident base - there's a cocaine underbelly that I only became aware of because I knew somebody who was a part of that party/drug scene. High crime areas are even a part of case law, allowing for traffic stops, etc. You having the lump sum of cash was also an articulable reason to investigate, not because it's a crime, but because you had it after leaving a location known for drug transactions.
Just quoting this as I learned of something similar today: So, I've always thought that the place I'm in is nice and drug-free, with drug problems being a Miami thing.
Friends who've lived here a lot longer burst that bubble for me and informed me that the next couple of towns over have serious drug undertones, pills, coke, what not.
I'm fairly oblivious most of the times - only thing I can detect is the smell of weed - "hey, it smells like an xyz concert"
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24821.50
Murf99314114.00