11-10-2020, 09:00 PM   #1266
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
I've noticed a decline on LEOs along the highways as well.

When I was younger, I drove my first car (a used 95 Accord) up and down the I95 traveling to and from my parent's house and first duty station almost every month. That car couldn't go over 90 MPH without feeling unstable if I remember correctly, so I would get pulled over constantly by various State Highway patrol officers a bit more frequently than I'm proud of. Going about 80-85 MPH in 65MPH zones.

Fast forward to present day, now I'm driving either an X6M or 1299s at "slightly" higher speeds when I travel from my current duty station to visit family and this year it seems like the route is definitely les patrolled than in previous years.

Maybe traffic monitoring apps are helping out more, or LEOs are just spread thin during these difficult times. Maybe a combination of both or more factors.

While I can admit I get to enjoy my toys a bit more recently... I hope it's not at the expense of our Police forces' safety and well being.

Now here's a question... do those "Photo Enforced" speed zones capture and ticket EVERY vehicle going faster than the posted limit...?

I try to keep my speedometer at no more than 5 over when I encounter those zones (learned my lesson a couple times) but even when I try to flow with traffic, I just have to more to the right and let countless cars pass me atmich higher speeds.

Is the camera really capable of tagging multiple cars in a cluster like that?
Maybe it had something to do with the election? Doubtful. Maybe there are just more cops in my old county. Less crime, more time for highway patrol. I saw a lot of 'authorized vehicle only' spots for cops to sit in, but very few cops. I cut across all of Tennessee, saw that singular Charger. Zero in Arkansas. Nothing in Texas until I reached Austin.

Cameras are definitely capable of capturing almost any number of pictures in a given time frame, but it depends on the specs.
Appreciate 0