Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Trust me, people still commit violations......some they don't even realize they are/were committing. The vehicle code is nearly 3.5" thick and the font is tiny. Where California is concerned, do you think anybody knows they are supposed to signal at least 100 feet prior to making a turn?.....or that making a right turn too far away from the curb or edge of the roadway is a violation? How about opening a car door and not immediately exiting, causing the door to impede the roadway?
Those are all common sense! But I get your point, most people commit violations all the time. I just hope most officers agree that these ignorant drivers are more dangerous than someone going 20 over the limit on an empty stretch of road, especially in a car that is still very stable at even higher speeds...
....and for the most part we do, which is why we typically don't start issuing citations until 10-15 over the prima facie speed limit (...which on a desolate road in California equates to 85-90 mph; there's no justifiable reason to be traveling over 90 mph on a public road).
Appreciate 1
Murf99314114.00