11-10-2020, 06:30 PM   #1262
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merami fan View Post
Is highway patrol presence light lately or is it just me? I just drove 1,700 miles in 24 hours, including fuel stops and a quick nap. You can imagine what kind of speeds I was able to hold at times, road surface and slow vehicles in the left lane permitting. I didn't see many cops, and 90% of them were marked on Waze. The fact that I didn't get pulled over in 20+ hours of speeding seems odd, since I didn't dare to go more than 9 over the limit before in my home state of NY (LI).

PS: impressive fuel economy cruising at 90+ MPH with hundreds of pounds of cargo.

PSS: saw a car stopped on the side of the highway. On a level, straight stretch of road. At night. Charger taillights visible a mile away... I would imagine that officer issued 0 tickets that shift.
Trust me, people still commit violations......some they don't even realize they are/were committing. The vehicle code is nearly 3.5" thick and the font is tiny. Where California is concerned, do you think anybody knows they are supposed to signal at least 100 feet prior to making a turn?.....or that making a right turn too far away from the curb or edge of the roadway is a violation? How about opening a car door and not immediately exiting, causing the door to impede the roadway?
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00