View Single Post
      11-07-2020, 04:45 PM   #1254
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Spitting and throwing rocks is assault/battery, so we arrest people for assault and battery on a peace officer. For mere words we just deal with it. It's annoying, but it's just words.
I worked Public Order for 10 years, they tend to weed out those who can't take the verbal abuse.....you can say just about anything to me and I don't care, call my mom a whore....maybe you dated her and know something I don't....talk about my wives....any of them, trash talk my kids.....whatever.....but don't touch the blue, don't spit on me don't throw shit at me....and when I say me I mean anyone wearing the blue. We used to go out early in the day in "soft tac", ball cap's no helmets or shields. We practiced an approach where we would personalize ourselves to the crowd, folks are less likely to throw a brick at you if they talked to you earlier in the day, we were very friendly, fuck I was damn charming. That bought us a lot of good will, but don't be fooled, if things started to degrade we would happily bring the pain. You have to remember that it's not personal for the cops, it's just the job.

When you get a ticket for speeding for example, you will likely have your day ruined by it, you'll likely complain to your co-workers and your significant other. The copper that gave you the ticket has forgotten about you by the time he's back in his car and thinking about what he's getting for lunch. So when you call me pig or what ever you think is clever I'm thinking about getting Chinese take out later. Hope that helps. Oh, and I worked in Chinatown.....I miss the good lo-mein.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24971.50
upstatedoc7555.50