Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
My thought is the M2 CS will be the light and looney track special, the M2 will be the more track oriented dual-duty, and the M3/4 will be the GT with AWD, ZF transmission, etc, with the M5 being the autobahn rocket.

In short, we should all get used to the M3/4 being a GT car and stop with "m has lost their way" stuff while watching M ship record numbers of cars and release new models. M's "way" is what the bulk of dual-duty buyers want, not what the trackrat niche wants.
Is 3900lb+ a "dual-duty" car anymore? . Imagine today's 3500lb RWD F80 and how it eats up front tires, and add +400lb and AWD.. I'm a little worried how that's going to play out at the track

I hope you are right about M2 CS.. I didn't catch any weight savings on the M4 CS other than making the door card have a pull strap instead of a handle

A key thing that I think is being missed here, is that at the start, M3 stood for a sedan that was truly competitive with pure sports car of its day. The <$100k pure sports car class is now filled with GT4 and Z06 caliber of cars, and hope I'm wrong but I don't see M2 CS or M4 CS being able to hang with a C7 Z06

I think the Camaro ZL1 1LE is actually carrying "4 seats car that is competitive with pure sports cars" torch better than the F8X, despite BMW having a strong hand in inventing that niche
You make some very very valid points. That ZL1 1LE is damn impressive. This is how I look at it, when other car manufactures make amazing cars that beat the M3/4 for less money, then that pushes BMW (hopefully) to make a better car.

At the end of the day, it is a great time to be alive as a car enthusiast. At least that is my opinion.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0