Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
I really don't get this way of thinking. Unless you hold a huge amount of Bmw shares or you are the owner of a Bmw dealer. Nobody is forcing you to have one just let the other have it.
You must have misunderstood me. I am not here to criticize wagons or to tell you not to buy one. I am merely stating what everyone already knows, namely that wagons don't sell well in America. Therefore, I doubt BMW will even attempt to bring this wagon to US. They didn't bring the great looking and relatively affordable M340i wagon to US, why should they bring this one? Further, that M3 wagon would likely directly compete with the X3M compact performance SUV that was introduced just last year.
Not a wagon person myself but the fact they are putting together a large scale marketing push through global channels tells me they want global attention. How many other bmws to they put out press release before it is even spotted on the test tracks.

My take: I can definitely see it coming to the US but not as a volume model, probably allocation and production restricted to ensure they don't oversaturate. I would not expect to be able to buy one off the lot at anything but the highest volume M dealers. Thinking availability similar to the 1M or first year of the M2 would make sense, gift to the dealers small group of msrpish sales and protection from any units sitting on lots for a full model year with 10k trunk cash
For wagon fans in the US, tell your dealers and write bmw NA....
Appreciate 2