View Single Post
      03-19-2021, 10:56 AM   #62
jkap27
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma View Post
Why is everyone so elated at 43.9s over 44.4s over a distance of about 0.9 mile? Frankly, comparing a brand spanking new BMW platform vs. a 6-yr old Alfa platform, I expected better.

We knew BMW understates power. The F80 CP gave up ~60hp on paper to the Giulia QV and many reviews had bimmer practically tied or losing just by a hair, and people were questioning where all that extra QV horsepower went?

The "doesn't feel it's weight" comment is good but the context here is that it's still a heavy car but just doesn't feel like it. That's like a oblique compliment, like telling someone 'you don't look fat'.

What's interesting is so far we've seen 3 video reviews of G8x vs. Giulia QV and the other 2 reviews (by AutoCar and PistonHeads) both picked the QV over the G8x despite the latter being faster. The reasoning seems to be the fun factor and road connection that favors the Alfa. BMW's used to always get the 'fun to drive' votes for the subjective win. I'm not so elated.
I think its a perspective thing...we around here seem to not give other manufacturers much
credit but if were completely discounting reliability which is what these reviewers seem to be doing the giulia qv is an all time great car. Yea you can take a glass half empty outlook and say a new car should be winning all these comparisons but also the g8x is winning comparisons against one of the all time best sports sedans(discounting reliability) The issue is a buyer can't completely discount reliability 🤣 not to mention .5 seconds on a short track when the bmw had the inferior tires is an eternity. Double 'not to mention'...the Giulia won those comparisons you mentioned because of it's softer ride. Aren't most people around here complaining the m3 is going soft? Lol triple 'not to mention'...all those videos said the m3 was the better track car. Isnt most of the anti g80 crowd mad this gen isn't as good of a track car?

Last edited by jkap27; 03-19-2021 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25116.50
manuelf352.00