View Single Post
      04-16-2024, 09:34 AM   #51
Draper
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M4 Comp / Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilyam5 View Post
I would totally disagree with you here. No matter how many times i try to like macan. I can not find a single thing i like about it. I think this video says it best - it is good at nothing and is the most domesticated porshe in the line up.
I have m4 x and x3m and was looking for direct comparison videos
I think he was speaking to things like ride and general fit and finish. Sure the X3M is faster on a closed course, but effectively zero people are taking either of these cars to the track.

The X3M I drove had more turbo lag than I would have liked and the speed factor wore off pretty quickly when you consider the ride and lower quality interior. I won't debate looks here because that can be very personal, but all these factors made it not a daily driver option for me.

Keep in mind, the Macan comes in multiple trim levels and can be specced with a ton of different options. These can really impact how the car drives. IMHO, if you're looking at 2015-2021, anything less than the Turbo is going to feel slow. 2022+ the GTS became the top trim and had Turbo level power. Things like 20-21 wheels, air suspension, and PTV+ are definite must haves no matter the trim level.