Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i ZSP, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrix1st View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Still, despite the sad reality that the coveted M is no longer as uniquely niche, special, or connected to motorsport as before, in almost all categories, I would still take the equivalent M Car over its AMG, quattro (RS), F, or V equivalent.

I, for one, applaud BMW M for continuing to offer the manual transmission, even as its adoption rate is fading into single digits.
One reason why MT is in single digit sales is that regional BMW HQs refuse to certify 6MT. Japan is probably the only country that still gets F8x 6MTs in Asia.

That is why I think it was even more important to have DCT in these cars, because it is a statement to the whole world that their motorsport inspired driving experience is what differentiates the brand from the rest.
I'm almost thinking for the next M3/M4 CS or CSL, they'll switch to an 8 or 9 speed dual clutch to further differentiate those top models and by doing so, justify their enormous price tag.