View Single Post
      09-16-2020, 01:58 PM   #32
b2nvs2001
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colinv6 View Post
It seems like there's a general lack of excitement, all over the internet compared to previous generations.

On here there seems a lack of responses to threads, some forums the cars aren't even being discussed at all. Could be covid related, could be that there's just generally less excitement for the new M3/4.
For me, personally I'm not overly bothered anymore, they've dragged it out too long, I keep an eye in just to see what's up, but unlike the last generation where I couldn't wait to be one of the first, I just don't get that sensation at all this time round.
I'm definitely older and have less time which may have been influencing my level of enthusiasm.

But I'll tell you - I've been waiting to change my E90 for some time now. I was hoping and praying the G80 would be the one.

I put my money where my mouth is and did not buy an F80. It just wasn't for me styling wise nor dynamically.

With regards to the G80, with the crazy hype, the unorthodox design changes (actually the lexus like backend has me questioning things vs. the front end) and unknown driving characteristics (have they changed fundamentals like steering feel and exhaust note?), I'm really "blah" about all of this....

The more I think about it a second hand 911 seems to meet my needs more and more despite its passenger occupancy flaws....
Appreciate 6
Mavus2029.50
Germanauto9701.00
ChrisM41617.00
ChiTownM1056.00
AD18350.50