09-14-2020, 09:55 AM   #87
Eddien123
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasLife345M View Post
I think this car, along with the entire new gen of M3/4, is very ugly. With that said, this happens every generation to every car. When the F8x's were being released all the E92 owners hated them. Same thing happens over on the P-car boards, every new generation is despised, well for the first few months anyway. I've watched as the same naysayers end up in the new gen, then love them. In about 6 months when these babies are on all the boards, mods are being released, and they are all the rage, everyone will love them. And sadly, the F8x will be old hat.
Yeah but the e92 to f80 where small gripes (headlights touching grille, hood line, size, losing the V8). The g80 is genuinely an ugly car. At random over the last few weeks I've been showing pictures of it to people (non car people) asking if they thought it was a good looking car. I got mostly no. A few yes and even I'll admit, I can very much admire the car from the rear quarter panel view. But the front is awful. Not because of a new huge grille. It's just... bad. It has no flow or cohesiveness with the rest of the car and it's just big and stand out for no reason other than to make a scene. It's just ugly. If the g80 had the g20 front end, honestly I would just be here complaining about my old man stuff like "the cars too big" and "adding awd takes away its enthusiastic soul" yanno, crap like that. All stuff I can get over with just experiencing what I'm sure is going to be a great driving car. But I cannot get over that design.
Appreciate 0