Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 CCO View Post
It can be reapplied but May depend on the coating you select. If it's just a consumer grade coating I would recommend you polish the trunk area after the old spoiler is removed. That way you don't try to stick the new spoiler over any coated surfaces. The adhesive doesn't stick well to coated surfaces. Then just reapply the coating to the trunk/spoiler after the new one has been installed.
Definitely what I suggest, as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seedster2 View Post
I recently purchased a M4 rear spoiler in carbon from a forum member and plan to install on my M4 without the carbon package. I am having my car ceramic coated and the detailer offered to install it because it was OEM. I wouldn't be too worried about the lip, but the spoiler would be a priority to have installed before dropping it off or by the detailer.
Same here. I purchased an OEM carbon thumbnail spoiler for my M4 from a forum member, and at the time my car was at the detailer. When I got the car back, the detailer wants to see the car back after 2-3 weeks to make sure there are no issues with the PPF install.

At that time, they installed my rear carbon spoiler for me, since they would have put the black painted spoiler, back on, anyway. They removed the spoiler to PPF my trunk in one piece. Then also PPFd the carbon spoiler, and installed it, for me, over the trunk PPF. It came out, perfect.

Appreciate 0