View Single Post
      01-24-2022, 11:05 PM   #29
Limegrntaln
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 DG/BLk xDrive M4C Wk 34

Garage List
Definitely some PPF/ Ceramic coating haters on here. If you want the best experience, don't listen to anything LuvMyE92 is saying about PPF or Ceramic.

I'm not a "professional" installer, or an owner of a company that sells ceramic coating or PPF, so I have nothing to gain from praising real ceramic coatings.

I advise you to take a trip down to a local installer, and get a shop tour, where you can see the benefits of having a real professional ceramic coating, installed, are. If you want absolute clarity, look for a local installer that installs STek PPF. It's as clear as glass, and when you see it installed, next to a panel that its not installed on, you cant see the difference, its that clear.

Consumer grade ceramic coating is nothing like Detailer quality installed ceramic coating. Consumer grade is made for anyone with half a brain cell, to be able to install it. Detailer Grade ceramic coating, most are baked on with an IR lamp. CQuartz Finest Reserve, Kamikaze Zipang Coat, Ceramic Pro, Feynlabs, Etc. Twice as thick, and so durable, that if you try to install it, and leave a high spot, you have to wet sand it off. It's like a candy ceramic shell. Do they last forever, no. Although, Ceramic Pro has a lifetime warranty, which you need to come in, every year, and have a topper installed, to keep the warranty. The reason why they don't last forever, is, the suns UV rays will break it down. If the car is garage kept and the coating is taken care of, washed with a PH neutral shampoo, like Gyeon Bathe, or Koch Chemie GSF, it will last a long, long time. And a true baked ceramic coating will have a gloss that will blow any wax away. Not to mention the hydrophobics of a wax are nothing like a coating. My Car Full STek PPF, and Ceramic Coated with Feynlabs. If you really want an insider look at detailing, check out White Details on YouTube.
Attached Images

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 01-24-2022 at 11:24 PM..
Appreciate 6
GGG333603.50
chicagofan0019155.00
m4ml1834.00
Seedster2279.00