Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosnoop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyBear View Post
You got to be kidding, right?
Absolutely not.
For example, headlight tech in Tesla is like 10+ years behind BMW.
And you don't need to pay $10,000 for auto park and auto lane change. And FSD would probably not materialize or approved in the foreseeable future.
And they don't even have CarPlay.
Ok. As a BMW and Tesla owner here is my perspective:

1. Headlight tech: I coded anti-dazzle on my X5. It was spotty at best. Turned it off. The laser lights are good, but in the US they are limited to 60%. However, poor headlight performance has never been an issue on our Model Y. Ever.

2. Auto pilot comes standard with Tesla Model Y. It does everything that BMW has as on option in their Driver assist package. While, I agree that $10K is too high for their Full Auto Driving (which it is not). The overall implementation of what you get now is way ahead of anything I have seen on a BMW. Trust me, it is not close.

3. CarPlay integration would be great to have on a Tesla, but the overall infotainment UX is a cut above iDrive 7 (even if iDrive itself is excellent). Tesla's own integration with the iPhone is some ways is better than CarPlay and has features that CarPlay does not. Again, one has to use the touch screen control of the Tesla to understand how good the tech implementation is on a single screen.

4. The seats, don't have luxury materials but are very comfortable for long trips. It has been engineered for comfort and support and does not cause fatigue. I have the top line leather/luxury trim seats on my X5 - and the Model Y seats are still better for long drives.

5. Range and performance for the $. Tesla is still on top…yeah, that is harder than putting laser on headlights.

Having said all that, I just preordered an iX because of the overall interior design and package compared to the Model X. So we will be remain a BMW and Tesla car family.

That's my 2 cents worth.
Appreciate 1
stein_325i25083.00