View Single Post
      06-04-2020, 11:09 PM   #252
gemini.m3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 xDrive comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANP202 View Post
People crack me up... look up a thread when F8x was released, most were crying about the looks and now F8x is/was best looking M ever. One pic and you can tell that G8x makes F8x look from another decade. Stance and aggression on the thing is pure //M(adness)
Umm.. that's because it literally is from another decade, lol..

But guess what - because its newer and from another decade, doesn't make it look any better in my eyes.

I'll save my final judgement until I see videos of the m3/m4 or in-person, but the fact those grills are not connected like the 440i, makes it look even more ridiculous.

I'm personally happy.. usually when a new model comes out, there is this itch to get on the most recent generation. I can say with confidence, I don't feel such itch for this car right now. I'd much rather keep my F80 comp and throw a pure turbo on it than drive this abomination. My lease coincidentally expires with the release of the car, I'll drive the "old" car for now! That said, this will be the quickest LCI coming out of BMW and I think they'll address the design. The rest of the car is fine, its just the nose I can't accept- if I wanted an audi, I'd drive an Audi.. or an Alfa Romeo

The f80 reminds me of a shark -- the g80 reminds me of a bull with a fat nose.. I'd rather the shark, but if you're in the camp that likes this design, go for it.. I'm sure the newer technology and better engine/suspension will be worth it.
2015 335i (retired)
Appreciate 1
pyrat15194.50