12-30-2021, 01:46 PM   #1
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Most Current Time from Port Hueneme to Socal Dealer

I am beyond excited that my Mexico Blue Beast (G80 xdrive) is finally on its way!

How close to these time estimates (from the old guide to ordering and tracking your BMW post) are people experiencing currently?

My car has no stop sales. Confirmed.

-Offload at port: 1 day
-Processing through customs: 1-2 days
-Process through BMW Vehicle Processing Center (VPC) and
onto a carrier: 2-5 days.
-Shipping time on carrier to Dealership: 1-4 days.

At worst, this adds up to 12 days. Pretty accurate?
I do have one accessory to be installed: the MP front lip/splitter
I know this will add some time.

The current ETA to Port Hueneme is 1/26/22.

I already made an appointment for full PPF, full ceramic coating (including full wheels, my red calipers, and carbon fiber seat backs), and window tint all around (including the windshield).

**Trying to decide if I want to PPF my carbon fiber seat backs or just ceramic coat? may be overkill to ppf them lol.

Anyway- appointment has been made for Wednesday, 2/9. Two weeks later. Is this realistic or should I push it back? The shop I'm using books up well in advance so if I gamble wrong, I may be SOL and have to wait for a month to get an appointment.

I won't even be driving this car until it has its full body condom on (picking up from dealership with a flat bed tow truck) so waiting even longer with it in my garage will kill me!

Thoughts??

As always, thanks everyone for weighing in. I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas and has an excellent new year ahead!
Appreciate 0