Penguino
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: A car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaley View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguino View Post
That makes sense. But remember the highest demographic of M3 owners has been 30-45 years old. If BMW anticipates this to be lowered to 25-35 that's fine, but age is only one segmentation of the demographics.

The Civic Type R (BMW Performance Exhaust) approach they are going for is making me consider MB or Porsche next. I can't buy or drive a car that I'd feel embarrassed to be seen in because it's the car 20 year olds with 100K Instagram followed are now buying.
Tbf the pricing of BMWs including the M cars make them very affordable and achievable for the average enthusiast, which is why the civic type r gets so much love (i hate that classless car btw).

If you really want a P car that is exclusive, I suggest a GT2 RS or GT3 RS with a Weissach package for ~$350k as non GT and even the GT4 cars won't gain you any "street cred" with boomers.

BMW is a mainstream and I dare to say budget brand and if lifestyle brands are what you are looking for, I never hear owners of Lamborghinis, Ferraris and Mclarens complaining.
If BMW goal is moving downstream to mainstream, then go for it. The dilution of the M brand is evidence of this. Now they are diluting their demographics as well, appealing to a much younger and financially irresponsible crowd that doesn't mind $900 leases.